Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Hooray" said Pooh, "Declan is turning two!"

I have been working on Declan’s birthday party for quite some time – sewing crayon roll ups (blogged earlier!), table runners, pennant banners, etc. It is a nice creative outlet for me, so it doesn't seem like work and I enjoy throwing parties! However, that being said….next year I am doing Declan’s birthday at Jump Time and letting the kids get their wiggles out in a fun atmosphere!
Crayon Roll-ups (See earlier post!)
Let me just say this – I love Etsy for party invites! I knew I was going to have a Winnie-the-Pooh theme, so I found a great invite (printable!) had the seller customize the colors and wording for me. She then gave me a discount code for future orders so I purchased matching tent cards, thank you notes, birthday banner, and favor tags! It’s so fun when they all match. I love being able to print as many as I want!
Front of Invite

Back of Invite

Matching thank you note!


Etsy is also a great place to get customized shirts! It was pretty easy to find a lady that embroiders pooh on t-shirts - so it was easy to tweak the design to add the number 2 and his name. I think it turned out pretty cute!

My little 2 year old!
I used Pinterest to come up with some fun food ideas – isn’t the internet a wonderful place? We served Tigger Tails (Cheetos puffs), Kanga’s Kebabs (fruit skewers), Hunnycomb Krispies (Rice Krispie treats made with honeycomb cereal), and Pooh’s Hunny Ham Pockets (biscuits stuffed with ham, cheese, and honey), and veggies from Rabbit’s garden. I wanted food that was easy to prepare ahead of time and also a good assortment of healthy food that toddlers could eat without making too much of a mess!

Pooh's Hunny  Ham Biscuits
I found it was easier to find fabric I liked from the store rather then scour Marshall's or TJ Maxx to find the exact yellow I was looking for. It was probably a lot cheaper too! I ended up buying this fabric and hemming each of the four sides to make great little runners.
Veggies from Rabbit's garden, Tigger Tails, and Hunnycomb Krispies


Custom cookies (so cute!) and Kanga's Fruit Kebabs

The food table


My mother-in-law is amazingly talented at baking! She made a really cute elephant cake for Declan’s first birthday and followed up this year with an equally wonderful Winnie-the-Pooh cake! I’m pretty sure Declan could care less about anyyything from the party - except for the cake! I think he ate 3 cupcakes before the party even started!


My husband works at HP, so I am constantly asking him to print pictures for my parties! He can print anything any size...for free! I sure take advantage of that! I usually just google images and scroll through until I find what I'm looking for and put them in fun frames. It's a pretty inexpensive way to jazz up a tablescape.

Amazing pooh cake!

A couple of weeks before the party, I had my mother-in-law and sister-in-law over to help me with a few crafts for the party. We made hunny pots out of terra cotta flower pots to use as balloon anchors - it was so easy! We basically painted the pots blue with yellow around the rim to look like honey. Finally - a little "Hunny" label with a paint pen finished the look!

Hunny Pot Balloon Anchor

We also cut all of the strips for Declan's high chair decor! I had a bunch of leftover scraps of fabric from the favors, so it was a great use of the remnants. I was a little worried he would just tear it off, but it stayed on well with tape and by attaching the ends to the seat itself.


If only he had left the ears on!!

Here are some pictures from the party! It was a lot of work - but it was so much fun to enjoy the fruits of the labor!
The Mantel

Chatting with sweet Penelope

Beautiful chaos!

Presents!

- OXOX

Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment